image: header image: header image: header
Home | About Miralee | Blog | Books | Contact | Speaking icon: facebook icon: twitter

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An Update on My Book & Pictures of Our House

For those of you who might not know, I've written a contemporary Christian novel geared for women. The Lord blessed me with a wonderful agent about 6 months ago & we're on the long road toward hopeful contract and publication right now. I had no idea when I started, where this adventure would lead me. In fact, had I realized all that I've learned now, I'm not so sure I wouldn't have back away, shaking my head, saying "I'll never be able to do all that!".

For those of you who haven't visited my web site or read the opening scene of my book, check it out. Just scroll to the bottom of my blog & click on the link that says Yesterday's Child, with the web site addy listed there.


As I mentioned briefly yesterday, I made the decision to pull the book from the remaining 4 publishing houses that were reviewing it, based on input from a professional editing service. Barbara Warren is working with me and had some excellent suggestions that I felt needed to be implemented to strenghten the story line and soften the lead character. It's going to take quite a bit of work, but I've made it this far & can't quit now. I'll be writing to my agent tomorrow to see what kind of time line she needs for completion....hopefully I can have a few weeks, I'll keep you posted on how that goes.


The House we've been remodeling for the past 3 yrs., that's now for sale.




Our other huge time drain right now is our home. We spent the past 3 yrs doing a complete remodel of our 100 yr old Craftsman style home, so we could turn around and sell it, and build our dream home. We've waited over 30 yrs for this house, and want to do it right. It's a big project, and I'm the acting general contractor. Although I'm not responsible for the work, I am responsible to contact and schedule all the sub-contractors & materials. We have a very compentent contractor working on the job, who was willing to give us a much lower bid for the frame up, then work at an hourly rate from that point on, to help us save money. He's telling us we've saved over $50,000.00 by doing it ourselves, based on the size of the house (3,000' without the garage/work shop) & the way we're finishing it out.



The new house....it sits on 11 acres & is surrounded by trees...with a 1/4 mile long driveway lined on either side by Doug Fir. The setting is so peaceful, there are no neighbors in sight. We can hardly wait to get moved in next spring!









Join me tomorrow, as I'll be sharing some about my spiritual journey...where I've been & where the Lord has taken me.

4 comments:

Lynetta said...

Hi Miralee,

Congrats on launching your blog! I am looking forward to hearing about your cougars and how your new house is coming along. Happy writing on your book -- you've got a great start.

Lynetta

Miralee Ferrell said...

Thanks Lynetta...I have a story on my website, http://w3.gorge.net/miralee/Author.html about the cougars, under the link by the same name.

It's good hearing from you & I'm tickled you visited my blog!! Miralee

Anonymous said...

Wow Miralee, what a beautiful house, but when you get it all done have a fire fighter that knows wild land fire come and suggest ideas on your landscaping so in case of a fire you won;t lose your house, can't wait to see the pictures of the inside when you get it done, make sure to video your progress for insurance also.. I am so helpful... lol
Katrina

Miralee Ferrell said...

HI Katrina! Super advice on the videos & clearing the brush. We intend to do that & will have a large yard around the house. Wish I had your email address, I'd have sent you a personal note. Thanks for the comments & I hope you'll check in again!

Content Copyright Miralee Ferrell | Site by Eagle Designs