I'm finally going to cave and do this! There's a new game going around ShoutLife right now. You tag eight people and they're supposed to read your blog to find out eight little known facts about you, and you read their blogs, to get to know them better. I've been tagged by several different people, so I guess I need to take the time and figure out 8 things that not everyone knows about me......Hmmm....let's see.....
1. We moved to Alaska for a job, a number of years ago, but not until the Lord told me we were supposed to....we had a new home we weren't finished building and I owned a small business I had to sell, and had horses and other animals to place. But God said go, and an amazing ministry to women developed as a result.
2. We were foster parents to many teen girls over the years and still keep in touch with some of them.
3. We owned two mountaing lions...commonly called cougars, for about 5 years. They were my husband's 'babies', and our female gave birth to two cubs. I could tell a lot of stories about those cats, and am in fact submitting one story to the Cup Of Comfort book for Cat Lovers.
4. I owned a Barter Exchange business, that I built from the ground up in our community, and after only a year had over 50 business taking part. It was a lot of fun and a huge success, until we moved to Alaska and I had to sell it.
5. I was a youth group leader for 4 yrs, in the early days of our marriage. Our group started with 3 junior high kids and grew to over 32 kids coming each week...and our church's weekly attendance was only about 65 people! Most of the kids didn't attend church, but a few ended up coming consistently and gave their hearts to the Lord.
6. I've sold Avon, Princess House Crystal, a product similar to Tupperware, been top in the state of Washington in sales for a Fortune 500 insurance company, sold lumber and top quality interior wood for our own saw mill, and was an newspaper ad rep for about 7 years besides.
7. My husband and I started our own saw mill, and I pulled green chain on the big circular head rig (if you don't know what that means, I stacked and stickered the boards coming off the saw, and chucked the side cuts and slabs off to the side), a very physical job. I also spent more than one winter shoveling snow off the stacks of lumber, chipping ice off the planer when the snow blew into our pole building, and kept the steam boiler fed and going when my husband had to be away.
8. I've driven a school bus for our church, a fork lift for our saw mill, a Cat on our property, a tractor for plowing, a riding mower, and ride horses, too!
Whew! I didn't think I could come up with 8 things that you MIGHT not know, but I did it!
Now, here's the list of rules, for those of you who get tagged by me!
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog. Hoping you'll join us in this game of tag.