image: header image: header image: header
Home | About Miralee | Blog | Books | Contact | Speaking icon: facebook icon: twitter

Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Granddaughter is Coming!!

I'll admit to being just a little bit excited....ok, who am I kidding....a whole lot excited! Like, over the moon excited! 

What's happening that would have me in such a state, you ask? Can you get a hint from the color of ink I chose?

Tomorrow night by this time our family should be welcoming a new granddaughter into the world. Kate Isabelle Ferrell is due to arrive tomorrow as they've decided to induce delivery. Our son and his lovely wife live about 2 1/2 hrs away, so it will depend on how late in the day the blessed event happens as to whether we make the trip tomorrow or Monday. We don't want to tire our daughter-in-law too much if she has a long day of it and is exhausted. 

I'll post on Monday evening or Tuesday with the news, the stats and best of all, pictures! I hope you'll rejoice with me as I enter a new phase in my life--one I've been looking forward to for a long time--one of my kids presenting me with a child of their own. It doesn't get much better than that. 

5 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations! I just found your blog through the ACFW yahoo group and was scanning through the books. I live on a farm and LOVE horses. I have 6, four are Paints. I do all kinds of riding including a drill team for a wild west show and I do endurance riding. Historical romance books are some of my favorites and all the books on here look so good!

Miralee Ferrell said...

Hi Kim, it's so nice to meet you and I'm tickled you stopped by and took the time to check out my books. I'm an avid horse lover too, and at the time only one one, an Arab mare (shown at the top right of my blog with me). I only do trail riding, but I love it. The book with the most horse stuff in it is Love Finds You in Last Chance, CA...the sequel to that one is is LFY in Tombstone, AZ. There are also horses and a farm setting in The Other Daughter, but it's a contemporary rather than a historical. I just realized my most recent LFY isn't there....the one set in Sundance, WY, and it's a western, as well. I really appreciate your comments, thanks!!!

Pam K. said...

I'm getting kind of late notice that you posted this April 6. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. I pray all went well with her delivery. My son was born April 7 (17 years ago) so it is a very special day.

Deborah said...

Congrats Miralee! I have 7 grandchildren (my daughter just gave birth to her 2nd child last month and I was there to watch the birth of my granddaughter!), and it has been the BEST time of my life! I know you will enjoy every moment of it! So very happy for you! And looking forward to reading your newest book! HOORAY!
Blessings always!
Deborah

Miralee Ferrell said...

Hi Pam, I'm in total agreement, April 7 is an awesome day! I'll be posting about my new little granddaughter soon. She's such a love.

Deborah, thank you and it's great to hear from you again. Wow, 7 grandkids, that's awesome. I doubt we'll have more than two, but I'm so thankful for even one. And I'd love to hear your thoughts about my new book after it releases. Hugs and blessings to you both!

Content Copyright Miralee Ferrell | Site by Eagle Designs