Doubt rears its ugly head in almost every aspect of life, and negativity races hard on its heels. I've had the opportunity to entertain both of those creatures recently, but have decided to shut the door rather than invite them in.
As you may know, we accepted an offer on our house after some back and forth countering. My husband & I were both a bit nervous about it, with the economy the way it is, and stories we've heard of closings falling through at the last moment. We know we're blessed to have an accepted offer, but still had to clear the very large hurdles of the inspection and appraisal, and all that each could entail.
A week ago I went to Wed. night prayer meeting at church and had a good time of personal prayer, with some quiet reflection and listening to the voice of the Lord. I was (once again) giving our house situation to Him. We've been carrying two mortgages for almost two years, as our new house was built and the old one didn't sell. We moved back to the old one when our well almost dried up this summer (at the new house) and we knew we'd be out of water for 2-3 wks (turned out to be 4). Not long after, we put both houses on the market, and asked the Lord to sell the one He knew to be best.
Due to the shaky housing market and economy, both Allen and I were struggling with trusting that the sale would go all the way through. That night at prayer the Lord spoke in such a sweet, gentle voice. He told me that He's going to bring it to pass and I had only two responsibilities: Shout the Victory, and don't allow any word of doubt or negativity to cross my lips during the entire process.
Now don't you know, that when everything is going well, there's no danger of doubting? I understood that something could be coming that would tempt me to doubt, so I shared with Allen what the Lord said, the next day. I had to remind him a couple of times when he started speaking in fear....even tho the Lord told ME, not him, to shout the victory, I knew I needed my husband's support, as well. He agreed, and each time he began to speak out of fear and I began to remind him, he'd catch himself and change.
Since then, we've had opportunity to doubt. We hit some snags with the inspection, and it took 5 days before we got the buyers response....a time when doubt and negative words might easily have flown out of our mouths. I kept thanking the Lord that He's in control, and that He's going to take us clear to closing and funding, no matter WHAT it looks like now. We're now moving toward the FHA appraisal next week, and I'm guessing we'll have opportunity there to either shout the victory, or doubt. I'm choosing victory. God IS in control. He DOES want the best for us, but He needs us to be in agreement with Him, not working against Him with our words and attitudes.
I had a choice whether to share this or not. Think about it...I had to step out in faith just posting this. After all, I'm putting my faith on the line, that I really DID hear from the Lord, and He does speak to us today. But again, I'm choosing faith over doubt.
I'll be posting again on this subject after we've signed the papers and are moving back to our new home...right before Christmas. Will it be a push and hard to get ready for Christmas? Sure. Do I mind? Absolutely not! I'm shouting the victory for all the blessings the Lord has given us during this wonderful Time of Thanksgiving, for the Lord is indeed GOOD!